As an apprentice installer you will be following a comprehensive training programme which offers training in a variety of skills in the manufacture, design and installation of kitchen furniture.
The training covers the use of relevant tools and equipment from hand and power tools to a range of machinery and equipment. It will also involve planning, organising and preparing components and finally assembling the furniture ready for the installation.
You will need to be interested in producing work of quality as companies are working to very high standards.
Training programmes have been specially produced to enable you to monitor your own personal development and produce evidence required for you to progress towards achieving a National Vocational Qualification.
What qualifications will I get?
Dependent on your own abilities/employers training opportunities, you will follow one of three routes:
- NVQ Level 2 in Installation
- Apprenticeship at level 2 NVQ in Installation plus Key Skills level 1 in Application of Number, Communication, Information Technology and Personal Skills.
- Advanced Apprenticeship i.e. Level 3 NVQ in Installation and Key Skills level 2 in Application of Number, Communication, Information Technology and Personal Skills.
All those who complete their training programme:
- All Learners are sent on Outward bound
- We operate an equal opportunities and diversity policy
- We carry out safety appraisals for all companies.
- We will visit you regularly during your training
- Your training will be full and varied.
- Your training will lead to a Nationally Recognised Qualification
- Most vacancies are offered as employed status.
- 98% of those who complete their training programme are kept on at the end of their training.
- You will receive a wage during training.
- Training on the fitting of Corian solid surfaces. http://cdukltd.co.uk/
- Full use of the latest Makita tools. http://www.makitauk.com/
- Full use of the latest Blum fixtures and fittings http://www.blum.com/gb/en/
How do I apply?
There are several ways to apply:
- Contact Lorraine Yellop-Witts on 0115 9677771 or write to her at WEBS Training Ltd The Poplars Wollaton Road Beeston NG9 2PD
- Download an application form from this site and send it to the address above.
- Contact your local Connexions office.
- E.mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org