We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Upholstery team.
The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Upholstery through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce different types of soft furniture.
Find out more and apply here = https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-704029
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Positions: 3 Available
Being an Upholsterer, you will be required to work in anyone of a wide range of production environments. Workplaces can be a variety of size from small work-shops through to large commercial factories; either way you will need to be able to work independently and as a part of team.
Duties of an upholsterer, within the bed department, could include:
- Prepare frames for upholstery including adding different densities of foams and fibres
- Using a wide range of spring systems including serpentine, super loop, box spring units
- Working with a large range of materials including fabrics and leathers
- Cutting various materials for ready for upholstery
- Patten matching fabrics within tolerance
- Using a range of trimmings and finishing’s including buttons, facings, piping and decorative studs
- Using wide range compressed air equipment including clip, frame, staple, pin and vertex guns
- Use a range of hand tools including scissors, shears, staple lifter, tin snips, hammers mallets and pincers
- Cutting materials with templates
- Good housekeeping and general labouring duties
- Good organisation workloads ready production
- Working as part of a team on piece work production
- Working independently, using your own initiative