We are seeking an Apprentice to join our Furniture making team.
The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Furniture Making through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training. You will learn practical hands-on skills and techniques to produce different types of furniture. This is an ideal opportunity for a practical person.
Find out more and apply here = https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-726764
Closing date: 30 June 2022
Positions: 1 Available
Being a Manufacturer is a skilled trade with excellent career opportunities. You will learn a mixture of assembly techniques using a variety of tools and equipment. You must have an excellent eye for detail and strive for perfection.
Duties will include:
- Picking from raw materials – gaining knowledge of timber technology
- Working from cutting lists, technical drawings and specifications
- Measuring and marking out components
- Producing pre-assembly work including boring holes and counter sink
- Producing mouldings prior to assembly
- Producing prototypes
- Operating hand tools including chisels, screwdrivers and mallets
- Operating power tools including hand routers, biscuit jointers and staple guns
- Operating powered machinery including dimension saw, planer, table routers to produce components required for cabinet making
- Completing assembly
- Quality checking your work throughout
- Mounting of fixings including hinges, locks and catches
- Sanding ready for finishing
- Final quality control checks
- Some roles you will be required to produce bespoke one-off pieces where in other roles, reputation is to be expected.