We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Service Technician team.
The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Upholstery Service Repair through WEBS structured training programme as well as on-the-job training.
You will learn practical skills and techniques to repair different types of soft furniture and furniture.
Find out more and apply here = https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/reference/1000086017
Positions: 3 Available
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Sofa & chair repairs
- Motion/recliner furniture repairs
- Leather repair & restoration
- Foam seating & fibre replacement
- Frame & spring repairs
- Dismantling & modifications of sofas
- Bed repairs/re-tufting divans
- Home & garden flat pack assembly
- Minor wood furniture repairs
- Building customer relations
- Writing reports and observations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer Standard.
- During your apprenticeship programme you will receive training both off and on the job.
- You will be required to attend WEBS Training on a block release basis which is one week roughly every three months, five times a year, at WEBS Training in Nottingham this is organised and paid for by your employer, the rest of the time you will be within the work location covering the South East and South West of England.
- Our technicians work based from home throughout the UK and are supplied with a vehicle, uniforms, tools and training required to fulfil the role. You will learn the underpinning knowledge that runs alongside your practical elements of the training. You will use a wide range of techniques whilst you complete a practical project.
- WEBS Training aim to build on the skills you already have so you reach your full potential both personally and professionally.
- Training will be provided in all areas of Service repair to ensure you are capable of completing tasks to an extremely high standard and to a customers specification.
- You will learn and use traditional and modern techniques and materials to produce aesthetically pleasing furniture repairs.
- If you have already achieved GCSE maths and English at Grade C/4 or above or have equivalent qualification you will be exempt from undertaking Functional Skills, however English and maths support will be provided for all apprentices throughout the length of their programme.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Progression within the organisation to include more responsibility and wider range of production work