We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Furniture making team.
The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Furniture Making through WEBS structured training programme as well as on-the-job training.
You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce different types of furniture and units.
Find out more and apply here = https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/reference/1718593
Positions: 1 Available
Being a Furniture Manufacturer is a skilled trade with excellent career opportunities. You will learn a mixture of assembly techniques using a variety of tools and equipment. You must have excellent attebtion to detail and strive for perfection.
Duties will include:
- Picking from raw materials - gaining knowledge of timber technology
- Working from cutting lists, technical drawings and specifications
- Measuring and marking out components
- Producing pre-assembly work including boring holes and counter sink
- Producing mouldings prior to assembly
- Marking out and cutting hand joints including dovetail, finger and mortice and tenon joints
- Producing prototypes
- Completing assembly including jointing side panels, cross components and fitting tops and bottoms
- Construction of drawer boxes and doors
- Quality checking your work throughout
- Mounting of fixings including hinges, locks and catches
- Sanding ready for finishing
- Applying finish including wax, stains and paint
- Operating hand tools including chisels, screwdrivers and mallets
- Operating power tools including hand routers, biscuit jointers and staple guns
- Operating powered machinery including dimension saw, planer, table routers to produce components required for cabinet making
- Final quality control checks
- Some roles you will be required to produce bespoke one-off pieces where in other roles, repetition is to be expected