We wish to recruit enthusiastic apprentices to join our family-run workshop.
The successful candidates will be trained in all aspects of upholstery, through WEBS structured training programme as well as on the job training.
You will learn practical skills and techniques to produce different types of furniture components for the care industry.
Find out more and apply here = https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/reference/1750001
Positions: 1 Available
Duties will include:
- Upholstering items of furniture for the care sector including wing chairs, dining chairs and sofas
- Collecting components to produce various items of upholstery
- Preparing frames for upholstery
- Construct suspensions and foundations for upholstery
- Use correct filling materials ready to prepare the top covers
- Align and place top covers to meet pattern requirements
- Pattern matching
- Following lead manufacturing techniques
- Applying fixing and trimming including decorative features
- Checking and ensuring all materials are to specification with job requirements
- Working to strict deadlines to meet order demands
- Following health and safety procedures whilst using a range of tools and equipment
- Follow codes of conduct whilst in the workplace
- Working in a small team and supporting others