We wish to recruit an enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Sewing team.
The successful candidate will be trained in all aspects of Upholstery sewing through WEBS structured training programme as well as on-the-job training.
You will learn practical hands-on skills and techniques to produce different types of soft furnishings.
Find out more and apply here = https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/reference/1847296
Positions: 1 Available
Duties of a Sewer could include:
- Working with a large range of materials including fabrics and leathers
- Cutting various materials ready for upholstery
- Patten matching fabrics within tolerance
- Using a range of trimmings and finishing’s including buttons, facings and piping
- Using traditional methods such as slip stitch, tacking and hand sewing
- Use a range of hand tools including scissors, shears, staple lifter
- Cutting materials with templates
- Working on Sewing Machines and Cutting Machines
- Sewing fabrics ready for upholstery
- Good housekeeping and general labouring duties
- Good organisation workloads ready production
- Checking and ordering new stock, managing storage of stock
- Working as part of a team on piece work production
- Working independently, using your own initiative